- Passengers holding the SKA/SKR card with active and topped up e-wallet can pay for public transport tickets using electronic validators.
- The system of validating the e-ticket with the use of e-wallet is based on payments of the enter-exit type.
- At the entry to the vehicle an advance payment for the journey to the end of the route is charged and at the exit a final settlement is made and a possible refund of overpayment is made.
The validators allow for coding periodical tickets and e-wallet top-ups purchased via the Internet on the SKA card.
Description of functionalities
The top part of the device contains a touchscreen that displays:
- in the top part of the screen: basic information about the validator (date, time, serviced line and current stop) (1),
- in the bottom left corner: the ‘e-wallet’ button (after touching the button, the card user may buy a ticket for their companions) (2),
- in the right bottom corner: ‘card information’ button (after touching the button and placing the card next to the reader, the passenger may check the expiration time of the ticket, if applicable, and the balance in the e-wallet) (3).
The bottom part of the device contains a reader of SKA/SKR cards (4).